Sunday, May 8, 2016

My Research Topic

Two major topics that interest me are Research paper Idea 3: "Portraying Robots in Film" and "The Promise of Artificial Intelligence  and/or Robots vs the dangers/problems for loss of labor, etc.", which is in Research paper idea 1: Promise and Peril in Science.
I find research idea 1 interesting because there are real world applications to this problem. Situations that have happened recently fit perfectly with this problem. The movie I intend to use for the topic "Portraying Robots in Film" is "The Matrix". I am interested in this topic because I watched the movie before and enjoyed it and now I feel the movie would be perfect for the topic. Another thing that interests me about this topic is how every movie with the robot as the antagonist is just the manifestation of what human truly fear about artificial intelligence. I also find it interesting how companies are integrating artificial intelligence into the main workforce just to cut down on having to pay for employees and increase revenue.

No comments:

Post a Comment